List of lawsuits involving Donald Trump
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs to be updated.(July 2019)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
List[edit | edit source]
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (June 2019)
- Lawsuits alleging violations of the Foreign Emoluments Clause of the United States Constitution
- Legal challenges to Executive Order 13768, regarding sanctuary cities
- Legal challenges to Executive Order 13769, regarding temporary immigration restrictions
- Legal challenges to Executive Order 13780, a revised order on temporary immigration restrictions
- Lawsuit alleging violations of the Presidential Records Act of 1978, 44 U.S.C. §§ 2201–2207
- Lawsuit alleging violations of the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution
- Lawsuits challenging Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity alleging violations of the Federal Advisory Committee Act
- Lawsuit alleging violations of the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution
- Lawsuits regarding Presidential Memorandum on Military Service by Transgender Individuals by Donald Trump (August 25, 2017)
- Lawsuit alleging violations of the Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution
- Lawsuit alleging violation of 12 U.S.C. § 5491(b)(5)(B), a component of the Dodd–Frank Act of 2010
- Lawsuit brought by Our Children's Trust using the public trust doctrine to address the effects of global warming.
- Democratic National Committee v. Russian Federation
- Galicia v. Trump
- Regarding the 2020 United States Census
- Cintron v. Trump Organization, regarding not paying him for "thousands of hours of overtime" to which he was legally entitled during his more than two decades of service.
- State of NY v. The Trump Foundation, regarding a pattern of persistent illegal conduct, occurring over more than a decade, that includes extensive unlawful political coordination with the Trump presidential campaign, repeated and willful self-dealing transactions to benefit Mr. Trump’s personal and business interests, and violations of basic legal obligations for non-profit foundations.
- East Bay Sanctuary Covenant v. Trump
- Doe et al. v. Trump Corp. et al.
- Pending prosecution of Roger Stone (Roger J. Stone Jr.) by the United States Attorney for the District of Columbia, expected November 2019
- Pending prosecution of former Paul Manafort associate Gregory B. Craig for lying to the Justice Department about work he did for the government of Ukraine by the United States Attorney for the District of Columbia
- Pending criminal prosecution of Paul Manafort on state mortgage fraud charges by the New York County District Attorney
- Orestes Fintiklis, majority owner of former-Trump International Hotel & Tower Panama regarding tax evasion.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Business projects of Donald Trump in Russia
- Legal affairs of Donald Trump
- Links between Trump associates and Russian officials
References[edit | edit source]
- Higgins, Dan Mangan,Tucker (2019-07-10). "Trump wins dismissal of emoluments court case that challenged legality of payments to his hotels by foreigners". CNBC. Retrieved 2019-07-10.
- Valencia, Milton J. (February 8, 2017). "Chelsea, Lawrence challenge Trump on sanctuary cities". Boston Globe. Retrieved April 30, 2018.
- for the District of Columbia, United States District Court (August 9, 2017). "Jane Doe v Trump - Complaint for Declaratory and Injunctive Relief" (PDF). NCLR: 1–15.
- "Cases: Doe v. Trump and Stockman v. Trump". National Center for Lesbian Rights. 2017-08-09. Retrieved 2018-11-16.
- Banerjee, Neela (November 17, 2017). "Appeals Court Takes Up Youth Climate Change Lawsuit Against Trump". InsideClimateNews.org. Retrieved December 26, 2017.
- "Trump Named as a Defendant in Landmark Climate Lawsuit". Scientific American. February 10, 2017. Retrieved December 26, 2017.
- Kartikay Mehrotra (August 21, 2018). "Trump Security Team to Face Jury for 2015 Attack on Activists". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved August 23, 2018.
- Brianna Cea (July 25, 2018). "Trump Administration Releases Explosive Emails About Citizenship Question; New emails confirm Commerce Department pushed to include citizenship question in 2020 census". Brennan Center for Justice. Retrieved August 23, 2018.
- Ruthann Robson (July 26, 2018). "Federal Judge Declines to Dismiss Challenges to Citizenship Question on 2020 Census". lawprofessors.typepad.com. Retrieved August 23, 2018.
- Mangan, Dan (2018-07-09). "President Trump's longtime driver sues Trump Organization, saying it stiffed him on overtime pay for years". CNBC. Retrieved 2018-08-23.
- "Bloomberg - Trump’s Personal Driver for 25 Years Sues for Unpaid Overtime". July 9, 2018.
- "Attorney General Underwood Announces Lawsuit Against Donald J. Trump Foundation And Its Board Of Directors For Extensive And Persistent Violations Of State And Federal Law | New York State Attorney General". ag.ny.gov. Retrieved 2018-08-24.
- Larry Buchanan and Karen Yourish (May 14, 2019). "Tracking 29 Investigations Related to Trump". nytimes.com. Retrieved May 18, 2019.
- Heather Vogell (June 3, 2019). "Trump Companies Accused of Tax Evasion in Panama; In the latest chapter in ongoing litigation, the private equity fund that bought what used to be called the Trump Ocean Club claims the Trump entities pocketed money that should have gone to the Panamanian government.". Propublica.org. Retrieved 5 June 2019.